In order to be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be in the age range: 5-18
- The child must reside in the Delaware Valley.
- The child must be alcohol and drug free.
- The child must have the desire to improve their quality of life.
- The child must have a desire to excel in a particular area of academics, arts, and athletics but not limited to those areas. He/she should have an interest in furthering their skill set by participating in a specific organized activity.
- Parents/guardians must be willing to submit requested proof of household income (pay stubs, mortgage/rent information, tax returns, unemployment claim, etc. ).
- Parents/guardians of qualified applicants are responsible for providing transportation to and from the designated activity.
Who can refer the child?
- Parent, guardian, teacher, coach, mentor, friend, relative, or any other adult that has a prominent role in the child’s life.
- The child themselves can fill out the application.
Follow Up Procedure
Within a specified amount of months after receiving the grant the applicant must submit:
- Receipts to show which organized activity the child attended.
- Photos of the child during the organized activity.
- Photos, videos, sample of the child’s work complete at the organized activity.
*If the above documentation is not presented, the total amount of the grant will need to be returned to Fresh Smiles Foundation.
*If only a portion of the money is used the remainder must be returned to Fresh Smiles Foundation.
* Fresh Smiles has authorization to speak to the director or head of the organized activity as well as request attendance records.